Coal mines near Lithgow, NSW
Centennial Coal (Centennial) owns and operates three underground coal mines around Lithgow, NSW. Two of those mines, Angus Place and Springvale, are being served by an integrated water management system, while Clarence Colliery is operated independently. Groundwater from above the coal seam must be continually pumped to the surface to lower the water table and allow Centennial to operate these mines in a safe and efficient manner.
DP8 carried out a number of projects for Centennial, aimed at investigating the feasibility of various options for management of the produced water at the three mines. These projects included:
- Clarence produced water pipeline assessment and conceptual design
- Springvale and Angus Place Water Transfer Scheme assessment and improvement
- Water Transfer Scheme Improvement – Detailed design of pumping stations WPS001 and WPS002
- Angus Place Inseam pipeline assessment
- Angus Place Extension conceptual design